While Agile methods have been found to be readily applicable to small teams, most organizations today work across collaborative teams, complex systems and geographies. In such a scenario, agile implementations often fail to have the expected impact. The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) is a complete methodology for large-scale Agile project teams to carry out an Agile transformation seamlessly. Applying Lean/Agile principles and practices across all levels within an enterprise is the first step toward such a change. The SAFe® framework effortlessly synchronizes the alignment, collaboration, and delivery of multiple agile teams leading the way to enterprise success.
Our 2-day Leading SAFe® training class gives you the knowledge required to become a Certified SAFe® Agilist, and to lead agile transformation within your enterprise using the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of flexibility, lean thinking and product development flow.
This course is based on version 4.5 of SAFe®.
What you will learn
On completion of the workshop you will learn to:
- Demonstrate how Lean, Agile, and Product Development Flow form the foundation of SAFe
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Complete the course of study leading to the SAFe Agilist (SA) certification exam
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (2 Days)
- 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
- Courseware authored by Scaled Academy
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe Agilist Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One year membership with Scaled Agile
- Free downloadable reference materials from Scaled Agile Framework
Successful completion of this Scaled Agile Framework training course prepares you to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body).
- Thereafter you will receive three emails directly from Scaled Academy – A Welcome Email to create your profile, A Survey Email which requests your feedback on the training (and which is mandatory), Exam Link Email, which will carry self-explanatory instructions on how to give the exam.
- You will have a window of 30 days to take the exam.
- Scaled Agile Academy encourages taking the exam in one sitting, but you may take it over the course of several days. i.e. You could exit the exam at any point and come back to it later or even the next day. When you log back in, you will be taken to the beginning. You will need to click through till you reach your first unanswered question.
- The exam has to be completed in its entirety by midnight of the last day.
- If you are completing the exam in one sitting, it could take up to 3 hours. So if you are starting the exam on the last day, time it accordingly (start around 8pm or so) so you could complete it before 12am.
- Exam name– SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice
- Exam delivery– Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access– Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 45
- Passing score– 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
- Language– English
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- You will receive your results for the class within 5 – 7 business days after the exam has closed.
- Once it closes, Scaled Academy will update profiles to reflect the certifications. When this process is complete, Scaled Academy will email you official notification. You will then have access to the member area and will be able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile Community. Until then, you have access only to your certificate.
- SAFe 4 Agilist PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Agilist digital badgeto promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
XSCALE Business Agility Coach, Steering Committee member at DevOps++ Alliance and ATA, SAFe 4.5 Program Consultant, Director QAAgility
- Steering Committee Member, Agile Testing Alliance and DevOps++ Alliance. Principal Consultant at QAAgility Technologies.
- SAFe® 4 Program Consultant, Scaled Agile Framework implementation coach.
- XSCALE Business Agility (XBA) Coach, the first coach in India.
- Published Author of book on Selenium by McGraw-Hill, first Asian to author book on Selenium.
- Creator of ATA curriculum CP-BAT, CP-MAT, CP-AAT and CP-SAT; CP-DOF for DevOps++ Alliance
- M.S. Computer Science, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA; PG Certificate in Business Management from City University of NY (CUNY); B.E. Computer Sc., Marathwada University.
23+ years of IT Industry experience with:
- QAAgility Technologies, India
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd, India
- JPMorgan, India and USA
- Chase Manhattan Bank, USA
- IBM, USA
Ashish Mishra is a seasoned executive consultant who focuses on driving measurable results for his clients with over 23 years in-depth experience in delivering business agility, agile development, testing and strategic consulting. He is passionate about human relationships and group dynamics. Coming from an IT background, he brings his experience to utilize IT to effectively serve the business goals. He strongly believes that lean, systems thinking, innovation and continuous learning play an important role in the IT ecosystem. He is an expert facilitator of Pirate Canvas and Lean Café sessions for the leadership roles and XSCALE Business Agility (XBA) Coach. Ashish’s unique background which is mix of business and IT, allows him to become of part any executive leadership team and bring collaboration across verticals that establish corporate strategic alignment.
He has consulted and coached for companies like Barclays, JPMorgan, Manulife, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Deloitte, Capgemini, Polaris, Datamatics, MindTree, Ness Technologies, Persistent, iGatePatni and L&T Infotech besides running several workshops in the public domain. He has been an early adopter of Agile, practicing XP and Lean development since 1996.
He belongs to the group of respectable innovators in the area of processes consulting & automation testing. He is the steering committee member of the Agile Testing Alliance (ATA) and DevOps++ Alliance. He is also a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) of the latest revision of 4.5.
While there is no eligibility criterion for attending the workshop, participants who wish to give the exam must have at least:
While it is easy to apply Lean/Agile principles at the team or department level, replicating these benefits at the enterprise level is often challenging due to the scale of the change. Organizations therefore rely on the Scale Agile Framework (SAFe®) that helps seamlessly carry out large-scale, multi-team transformations. SAFe® Agilists are in much demand for their expertise in leading this change though carefully thought of program releases and identifying roles and structures required to scale Agile to the program level.
No, your course fee includes the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam fee.
No, there is no online/virtual course for SAFe®. The SAFe® Agilist Certification requires in-depth hand holding and coaching for SPC expert. Ashish is one of the most renowned SPC experts.
You will get 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® for PMP® and PMI-ACP® certifications.
SEUs are Scrum Educational Units, issued by the Scrum Alliance. SEUs are the mark of educational experience needed to earn the CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) certification.
PDUs and SEUs are credits awarded by the Project Management Institute and the Scrum Alliance respectively. They recognize your dedication to the Project Management and Agile world through the award of credits for every educational effort you make throughout your career. At present, Scrum Alliance members who hold a Certified Scrum Professional®, Certified Enterprise Coach and/or Certified Scrum Trainer credential need to earn SEUs to get recertified. Every PMI® certification, except the CAPM®, requires you to earn a specific number of PDUs per three-year certification cycle.
No, the certification needs to be renewed annually.
There is a renewal fee ($100) that needs to be paid annually.
The class registration includes:
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Any registration cancelled within 48 hours of the initial registration will be refunded in FULL (please note that all cancellations will incur a 5% deduction in the refunded amount due to transactional costs applicable while refunding). Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of written request for refund.
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer any queries you may have
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
Program and Project Managers
Product and Product Line Management
Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.